The LTL Sales Coordinator ensures the best customer service for our customers by building a strong and prosperous relationship with each customer, giving them accurate daily updates, and on-time pick up and deliveries.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supports the LTL freight sales operations.
- Provides customer service on orders and follow-ups if needed.
- Prepares email and customer service correspondence for customers and vendors.
- Directly aids management on projects and customer correspondence.
- Communicates with the customers by providing regular status reports of shipments in progress, and monitors status daily with Drivers until each load is successfully completed.
- Corresponds with coworkers in Farm Operations, Sales, Pricing, Accounting, and other departments to ensure execution of load deliveries, as well as proper invoicing, payment, discrepancy resolution.
- Performs any task required to support customer requirements and company goals.
- Works in Truck Mate System to manage all aspects of freight bills.
- Works with AS400 and JDE software.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solicits prospect customers for fill freight LTL (less than truckload quantities) on existing freight lane.
- Performs necessary administrative duties to support invoicing, billing, and collections.
- Assist in the collection of A/R should the need arise.
- Establish daily/weekly rates for both LTL and backhauls that are given established minimums: coordinate feasibilities with the local team.
- Prepare a confirmation sheet; support any necessary follow-up to ensure proper execution.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to research the internet, trade journals, industry reports, and other available sources for potential distribution synergies.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in project management.
- Skilled at multitasking and proven customer service skills.
- Time management skills.
- Develops knowledge and understanding of customers’ products and LTL service transportation requirements.
- Cultivates relationships with existing, new, and prospective customers to generate business, which results in the realization of positive gross margins for the company.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One-year of distribution experience/.
- Computer experience, including Word and Advanced level Excel.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with current and potential clients.
- AA Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 3-5 years of customer service in Logistics Management experience.
Personal Protective Equipment:
The role generally works in an office environment. However, when visiting the production facilities this role will be required to use appropriate food safety and worker’s safety equipment such as hearing protection, hairnet, helmet, smock, etc., as required by the location.
Job Type: Temporary