Responsible for operating a stationary or traveling crane to lift, move, position, and reposition loads. Depresses buttons, lifts levers, and ensures load is safely attached to crane before bringing it down/up.
- Operate crane under general supervision.
- Manipulate or depress crane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Repair crane as needed.
- Inspect crane for safety issues on a daily basis.
- Determine if any parts are malfunctioning.
- Complete job tickets, service quality summaries, and all other necessary paperwork.
- Lift, position and place machinery, equipment or other large objects.
- Able to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
- Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis to raise and lower crane boom and to raise and lower load-line.
- Bolt boom sections together to extend or modify boom for pile driving or high lifting.
- Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable on 100-300 ton crawler lattice boom cranes.
- Minimum 5 years-experience, prefer friction crane experience.
- Must be able to climb ladders, stand and walk on uneven surfaces as well as sit for long periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to load/unload barge with clamshell.
Qualified candidates must pass a test prior to placement .
Past hydraulic crane experience is a plus.
Monday – Friday: 7 am – 3:30 pm
Pay rate: $21/hour
Must be able to pass background and pre-employment drug screens.